Monday, February 10, 2014

Parlor Afternoon

 "Parlor Afternoon"
19" x 11"
watercolor on paper

I've been staring at this painting for months now, wondering what my next move should be. Normally, I'd labor over the design on the red fabric on the quilt but decided that this painting is more about a sense of place and mood.  I like the quilt just the way it is and don't think this needs any more persnickety details. I did a little tweaking to the floor and some of the woodwork -- warming it up slightly and called it a day. I hope you like it. I may enter it in an upcoming show, so for now, I haven't put a price on it . . . I'm just going to stare at it a little longer.  :)  Thank you for stopping in.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you feel like it's done, because it feels so complete and peaceful to me. I love the many colors in the "white" wall and the "white" fabric of the quilt. And you've really captured the soft sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I have enjoyed watching it evolve on your website posts. I love your style.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!