Friday, December 7, 2012

He's a Beautiful Boy!

"Virgil" (a German Short-haired Pointer)
8" x 8"
watercolor on aquabord
Sold

Virgil in his frame


So here's Virgil -- what a beautiful boy!!  He's a show dog and it's no wonder. and I'm happy to report that his mom was pleased with the painting -- (big sigh of relief).  You just never know.  I was pleased, but my feelings don't really matter so much when there's a mom out there who REALLY knows her baby boy.  :)  I spent this morning "trying on" different frames and I think I'm going to go with this one -- simple, sleek and black.  I like the contrast.  And I love this aquabord -- no need for matting or glass.  I think it has a very classic look to it.  

I'm also working on finishing up the Little People circus train painting -- just a few more tiny little details and I'm dragging my feet.  Go figure.  Then there's much cleaning and decorating to do --- gaaaaahhhh!!!  I'm kind of bad at decorating -- takes me forever to get things up, then it's about May by the time everything comes down.  Well, maybe not May, but close.  So that's my "true confession" for the day.  :)  Have a great weekend!  Thanks for coming by.

1 comment:

  1. I always love your paintings, Kara, and Virgil is extraordinary! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!