Saturday, December 22, 2012

Fiddled and Fiddled and Done!

commissioned pet portrait
14" x 11"
(watercolor on aquabord)

Whew!  Finished!  I had a lot of fun with this one -- and am very pleased with how it turned out.  But I learned a valuable lesson about reference photos for doing future pet portraits and will share them with you, because I think they're really important.  Unfortunately I don't have time right now.  (how's that for a crazy teaser!?)  I'll have to do it later because I'm up against a wall here with chores and time.  So stay tuned.

Anyway -- have a great day . . . hope you are getting ready for the Big Guy . . . make sure you're being nice!  Even when you're running late, purchasing last minute items at the grocery store and the person in front of you is getting price checks on cheese, redeeming what seems likes hundreds of coupons, and paying by check!  :)

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha... Reading your post always make me smile! I love how your doggy portrait has turned out -- although you mentioned that you combined two separated reference photos, there seems to be a nice interactions between the dogs in your painting! You also captured a very tender expression in the eyes of the lower one, and a witty playfulness of the upper one! The value structure turned out very sound. Good job again Kara! (Oh, did I mention there is a crazy amount of nice detail of the furry texture there? Admire your work ethic...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Het is een foto gelijk zo mooi is het geworden mijn compliment lieve groetjes Daniëlle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your painting really is beautiful. Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Egretta

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!