Thursday, September 1, 2011

Anxiety

"Tranquility in Blue and Gold"
(image:  9.5" x 12";  frame:  16" x 18")

Click here to bid


I've been anxious all week . . . I've had some things come up that have prevented me from finishing up any paintings and it's driving me nuts!  So I am posting this painting I completed over the winter.  I put it up for auction over at the Daily Paintworks site so you can click on the link above if you're interested in seeing it up close.  

So I know I mentioned that I would have another "blue" painting for you.  This is going to have to suffice for now, as I had to abort the one I began yesterday.  Yeesh!  I just wasn't "feeling the love" today.  Very frustrating.  So I spent a long time today messing around with new arrangements --  composing and photographing them.  Unfortunately nothing was really striking me but I did finally manage to start a totally new painting - new color scheme and pattern.  It needs a lot more contrast at this point, but I think I'll be able to finish it up sometime tomorrow.  So look for a new post this weekend.  In the meantime -- Happy Painting!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely painting, Kara. I hope you have a break through moment and your paintings cooperate with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Carrie. Ugh! Yesterday wasn't too much better, although I managed to "practice" for hours -- painting and painting, but I'm still not sure if I like what I did or not. I think (hope) today will be better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!