Thursday, June 2, 2016

Reunion Weekend

 A friend and I decorated the tent with the theme "welcome home."

Hello all!  It has been a busy couple of weeks.  My dad is continuing to make progress in rehab not too far from where I live.  He is doing well, has a great attitude and is scheduled to be released in a few weeks when he will come and live with me and my husband until he is ready to be back on his own.  It's a long road, but he's working hard and I'm very proud of him!

As for me, I am still recovering (and glowing) from a glorious weekend with dear old friends.  It was my 25th year reunion at Amherst College and I don't think I could have had more fun.  I am in awe of the important work and many charities that my classmates are involved with all over the world.  They truly are an accomplished bunch and I am proud of each one of them.

Reunited with dear old friends!

The college plays host to all the classes having multiples of 5 year reunions and designates various headquarters around the campus to each attending class.  It's quite a weekend: chockfull of old friends, new friends, familiar sites, not-so-familiar sites (lots of new buildings on campus), cherished memories and loads of events that either the college or the classes host.  One event was an art show, hosted by the class of 1991.  It was very well-attended and a great time.  


"Old-Fashioned Hydrangea" has a new home
in Geneva, Switzerland!

I am extremely grateful to my new collectors . . . Thank you so much for your kindness and support!


"Pristine" will be heading to New Jersey.


I am already looking forward to seeing my classmates again -- although I shudder at the thought of a 30-year reunion!  Ugh!  We are getting up there!  :)

Have a great weekend.  I hope to be back on a more normal schedule next week.



2 comments:

  1. I can't believe your work.. All the way to Switzerland! Amazing ...you are my idol. Glad your dad is going to be with you for recovery ,sounds like he is doing great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe your work.. All the way to Switzerland! Amazing ...you are my idol. Glad your dad is going to be with you for recovery ,sounds like he is doing great !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!