Thursday, March 7, 2013

Winery 1


"Winery I" - wip
6" x 8"
(watercolor on Fabriano cold-pressed paper)


"Cupcake Commission"
5" x 5"
(watercolor on aquabord)
Sold

I just thought I'd share with you what I worked on yesterday.  I finished up the cupcake (although I may put one more wash over that background to even it out and clean up those dots a little) and started this new painting.  I wanted to fool around with some colors and textures.  I learned a lot with this painting.  The photograph of it isn't great -- I had a white light glaring on it, washing out some of the shadows - but I think I still may go for the drama and darken the shadows.  I don't really have much to lose with this one as it was intended for just practice.  Although a happy little painting may result.  :)

Thank you for coming to see what's new today.  Have a lovely day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!