Monday, March 18, 2013

Side Door

"Side Door Simplicity"
6" x 6"
(watercolor on Fabriano cold-pressed)

(what this painting could look like framed)

Click here to bid

I bought a block of Fabriano cold-pressed paper and thought I'd give it a whirl and I liked it! Yay! I found the pigment very easy to lift out however the paper held the color in place for adding washes which is not so much the case with hot press. And I enjoyed working on the texture. Perhaps you'll see more little studies from me on this paper . . . or not . . . who knows? . . . I'm always all over the map! It was a nice departure though.

Thank you for dropping by and I hope everyone had a lovely weekend / St. Patrick's Day. I'm excited to start the week off with a new painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!