Tuesday, October 4, 2016

"Perched" and a Great Weekend

"Perched"
8" x 8"
watercolor on 7/8" cradled aquabord
$150

Click here to purchase.

I had my annual Open Studio this past weekend as part of the Backroads Studio Tour.  It's always a terrific event and this year was no exception. I pretty much had non-stop visitors on both days. I really enjoy seeing familiar faces as well as meeting lots of new people and collectors.  It's always a treat.  Many thanks to all who came out I am extremely grateful for your support and encouragement.  



Over the next week or two I'll be updating my site and online store with new items.  I have lots of notecards, Christmas cards, prints and calendars available.


I have so many new Little People playthings, I'm excited to work on some new paintings.  I sold a framed original this weekend.  Many thanks to my new collector!


Here's a view outside my studio door.  It was a little chilly so we had the fire going.  It made for a cozy and inviting little seating area ...  the cookies helped too.  :)


The tent helped block out some of the drizzly rain and protect the refreshments, although it proved to be a pretty dry weekend all in all.





A view looking up to the barn where my husband had his trains running.



My morning glories went crazy this year.  And luckily we haven't had a frost yet.


A little bird bath my neighbor made me a few years ago.  I'm not sure if the birds do more bathing in it than Delilah does drinking from it.


One last photo of dear friends and family.  It was such a great weekend!



Thanks for coming by.  Have a great day!




2 comments:

  1. Great painting, really different composition. Nice to see your garden, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see your everyday environment and what a beauty it is.
    We vacationed in New Hampshire for many years and i always love seeing New England again. Your new kitchen painitngs are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!