Saturday, February 2, 2013

What A January!!

"Oh Boy . . . Christmas is Coming!"
8" x 10"
watercolor on aquabord

I'm happy to report that January is officially over and hopeful that it has taken all the germs with it!  Good grief!  For those of you who follow this blog, you may have noticed my absence last week.  Well right after I finished this commission and taught a 5-hour workshop at the Concord Art Association I came down with the stomach bug.  Nothing like chasing a headcold with good virus.  Oy!  Every few years it seems I get knocked for a loop and I guess this is just one of those years. 

Anyway . . . I'm finally back in business so here's the finished product of the Christmas dogs.  They really do put a smile on your face, don't they?  :)  And I'm happy to report the painting was very well-received by the doggies' owners -- it was a birthday gift from my friend to his wife and she was very surprised.  So now I've got lots of catching up to do in the studio if I want to get back on track with some of my 2013 goals . . . ahhhh life really is an adventure, eh?  Stay healthy out there -- it's a jungle of germs!  Ciao for now.

5 comments:

  1. I was listening to the news that Nora virus was spreading around the country and I'm so sorry you fell victim! Take good care of yourself and do not stretch yourself too thin! I love the painting -- it is really funny and whimsical and boy the vivid texture of fur and velvet! They surely did put a smile on my face... A big one!

    Thank you so much for alerting me of the show opportunities! I will definitely keep an eye for you here too... Keep in touch, and again, take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece turned out beautifully! Take care and get well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, just trying to catch up on blogger. Sorry to hear you got the worst of what is going around. Glad you are better and still have your sense of humor. This is a wonderful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this painting! I hate being sick, so sorry to hear you have been suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect painting because it holds my interest not only with humor but the design is great and the skill of the work shines through.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!