Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Making Progress

"Kerosene Lamp" - wip 
I made some progress today on my kerosene lamp but still have lots of little details to do. I'm not liking that globe right now, so I'll be sleeping on that and seeing what to do next. Time away from a painting usually does the trick when I'm not sure how to proceed.

The next painting is another Fisher Price -- I'm sure you figured that out on your own.  :)  I just took some new pictures of the village I bought on ebay and am excited to start on some new ones.  They're pretty goofy. Speaking of goofy -- that curl on the baby's head looks like a G-clef.  :)


"No Beggin'"

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see how you finish the lamp - the mood is there, and it's a beautiful painting already.
    Love the whimsical toy ones you've been doing lately, and happy to see a new one in the works. lol about clef. :)
    Good stuff, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Karen . . . I really appreciate your comments. I've been following your work -- the painting with the gate is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how you depicted the foliage through the glass -- it's extremely atmospheric. I have some reference photos of similar effect and I've tried several times with no success. And this painting is just inspirational.

    I like how you depicted the glass of the lantern as well. I love the purple-grey color of the reflections, which gives it a very elegant feeling. The shapes of the reflections are so nicely designed, they form little abstract pieces of jewels.

    And I can't wait to see the Fisher piece finished... I always laugh to tears every time I see them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wips are great! Your foliage is fabulous and your globe is coming along nicely. It's always good to take a break and come back with fresh eyes. And you know I love the FP painting:))) Love it!!! I'll be checking your blog religiously to see when it's finished, no pressure:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kerosene lamp, you have a real knack for capturing diffused light. But my favorite is the fisher price painting!!! I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!