Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Homestretch?

Oh "Big Tomatoes" . . . when will you be done?

So I haven't yet finished "Big Tomatoes" but it's getting there.  I feel like I'm entering the homestretch at least.  I can't wait until I can take off the masking fluid.  It's killing me, but I'm trying to be patient so I don't screw things up and take it off too soon.  (Done that before!)  :)

And now I must confess . . .  I started something new and haven't posted it:  mainly because when I showed the work-in-progress to my dad and husband, neither one knew what it was.  Yeeow!  That's definitely not good.  :)  But alas, I'm going to be brave and to prove that I haven't been totally slacking, I'll post it.  But I must tell you that it's a close-up of a Ball canning jar filled with chocolate eggs covered in foil.  My sister-in-law had these out at Easter and I couldn't resist taking a photo.  They were just so colorful; I thought they'd make a great painting.  It's obviously not done yet . . . perhaps it's a miss, (I don't know if I'll ever achieve that look of foil) but it's a good challenge.  In the meantime, I'll keep plodding along and posting.  Cheers!  

Foiled Eggs
9" x 12"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!