Sunday, May 29, 2011

Antique Store Glassware

watercolor
9" x 23"

It's been a very busy weekend.  I attended my college reunion; it's been 20 years -- Yeeeow!  Hardly seems possible.  It was such a treat.  What an amazing group of people - so accomplished and talented; I feel extremely lucky to have spent four years with them and at such a wonderful school.  I could go on and on about the fantastic weekend I had (and the incredible mussels and bruschetta my brother made for Sunday dinner today), but alas this is an art blog.  :)

Soooo . . . in between the festivities I took a quick trip down to Mystic, CT to pick up "Antique Store Glassware," the piece that didn't make it into the CAFA show at the Mystic Arts Center.  I submitted two paintings hoping at least one would be juried in . . . so I was tickled that "Strawberries" was selected.  My wonderful dad kept me company making it an enjoyable little trip.

I'm hoping to paint some tomorrow.  Tonight I'm going to continue recuperating from all the dancing I did last night.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Antique glassware collection are my grandmother's favorite. I always borrow this when there is a occasion in our house. Our guest are always stunned with this.

    Personalized Glass Ornaments

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!