Thursday, September 13, 2012

Raspberries II

"Raspberries II" - wip
(detail)

"Raspberries II" - wip
6" x 6"
I had a very productive day today as I was able to make some headway on the raspberry painting.  I did some desk work in the morning, planning out a 5-week workshop I'm teaching here in my studio beginning in October.  I was tossing the idea around for a while, not sure if I could pull it off because I hadn't done any prep or advertising, but when I described my plan to a few friends they passed along my idea and now I have 3 people signed up!  Given I only have room for four max, I'm very excited!

In the afternoon I had a student, so I sat down to paint with her.  God bless my students!  They always seem to do more for me, than I could ever do for them.  Truth be told, I have been feeling kind of discouraged about some of my latest still lifes.  That's probably why I switched to those landscapes and haven't been working on some of my older paintings that need finishing; I haven't wanted to ruin them.  That's also why I kept starting these small paintings -- just trying to get the feeling again.  (oooh . . . that was one of my all time favorite Barry Manilow songs!)  Anyway . . . I was relaxed today . . . feeling all good and happy (my students always make me feel that way) . . . and I think I finally may have broken the jinx (for now - you artists know what I'm talking about).  :)  These photos aren't very good, but you get the picture.  Thanks for stopping by and have a good weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I want to be number FOUR!!! Can I fly in every week:) Love those raspberries....
    ooooh the dreaded "jinx"....that is why I paint, bind books and whatever else.
    Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, I love how you cropped in on this container of raspberries! I have several photos of that same turquoise container with various fruits, I just couldn't get a composition that I liked! You did it:) Congratulations on your 5 week course, very exciting!

    Carrie Waller

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!