Saturday, July 7, 2012

Polka Dot Cherry

"Polka Dot Cherry"
5" x 5"

(what this painting could look like framed)

Click here to bid

I just finished this "cheery" little cherry painting.  I think it's kind of cute . . . very happy . . . and sort of "summer-y." I have a few other cherry paintings up my sleeve.  I'm planning to do them all on Aquabord, just like this one.  So it needn't be placed under glass -- in fact it really doesn't need a frame at all and could be propped up anywhere, or hung with a little hanger placed on the back.  Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I like this one a lot. It is simple, the cherry is the main actor. The background is fun, but doesn't steal the show. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. true,,,I love how you do things graphically with the background but not take away from the focal point....I am waiting for your line of wallpapers so I can do my kitchen:)oh yeah,,,and this is one coooool, cheeeery cherrrry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cherry paintings -- very saturated color and almost tempting to bite. Smooth wash is not easy to do on Aquaboard and neither is soft blended edges, so bravo on the nice soft backgrounds! Looking forward to see more of them coming...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!