Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mini Blueberries

"Mini Blueberries"
2.5" x 3.5"

Click here to bid


I did a version of this painting last year, but in a square format.  I was interested in doing something for the Daily Paintworks Challenge last week, but never got around to it.  In my haste, I just grabbed this photo and decided to give it a whirl.  I don't think I ever painted a watercolor this small.  It's an Artist Trading Card size or ACEO as I guess they're called now -- stands for "Art Cards Editions and Originals."  Whatever you want to call them, it was fun to do.  Thanks for looking and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I don't know and cannot decide which part of this painting I love more...the berries themselves, or the beautfiul blue delft bowl. A wonderful painting, and I'm inspired to want to put together a composition similar to this in my kitchen (I have exactly one blue delft bowl and one blue delft tea cup) and see what I can come up with. Thanks for this. It's made an overcast Irish Sunday quite a bit brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bowl is beautiful, and considering the size, the details are incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!