Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Auction and "Every Mother Counts"

"Insight Into My Sole"
12" x 16"

(what this painting looks like framed)


I recently decided it was about time to put this painting up for auction.  It's larger than my 6" x 6" paintings (obviously) and different than what I've been painting recently (I finished it last winter) but I thought, "what the hey?" Nothing ventured, nothing gained I guess. Perhaps there are some shoe aficionados out there, eh?  :)

The following painting is part of the "Every Mother Counts" art auction over at Daily Paintworks.  You can read more about it here.  If this painting sells -- all proceeds (minus shipping) will be donated to "Every Mother Counts." 

Bidding begins at $50 and you can click here to bid.  


"Coffee Pot Abstract"
6" x 6"
Sold

In the meantime, I've been struggling with a couple paintings.  Does anyone else out there struggle?  It seems like every other day I'm fighting with my paints.  Good Grief Charlie Brown!  I like to think they're growing pains. I have to believe I'm ultimately making progress, but sometimes it just doesn't feel that way.  I have my class tomorrow and am looking forward to it.  Hopefully I can work out some problems and post something good and new for you all.  Anyhoo . . . you have a great day . . . "Onward and Upward!"  :)

6 comments:

  1. We all struggle with our paints from time to time! Your work is beautiful and you have a very unique and subtle view of the still life that I really love. Don't fret girlfriend, you are fighting a good fight and will not yield!! Huzzah!! On to Victory. :))

    In other words I think your work is awesome as are you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been going through the same struggle myself. In the past, I have found that these fustrating times are followed by periods of growth.
    I've decided that it is a perfect time to clean out, re-paint and re-organize my studio. I'm working out my fustrations, ridding myself and my studio of negative energy.
    (if nothing else, I will now have a clean & organized studio in which to work!)
    We "fail forward to success"...your work is great...and you will get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness . . . thank you so much Crystal and Laura for your kind words and encouragement. I so appreciate it! :) And Crystal -- I enjoyed reading your interview with Carrie and hers with you the other day. Very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara your work is wonderful and your blog is one of the ones I have come into my blogger dashboard..Blogs I Follow. I am looking for the struggle, but don't see it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love "insight of my sole", a lot of fun.
    We all struggle from time to time. Me for example often struggle with patience, or taking time to just paint a subject over and over to learn to master it.

    I am jealous of your patience =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Gloria for your kind comments and thanks for the follow! And Roger . . . you make me laugh. For me, I don't know if it's about patience as much as just plain neurotic behavior. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!