Sunday, April 10, 2011

Foster Hill

I haven't blogged in a few days because I really haven't had anything to show.  I'm in a bit of a rut so I'm trying to paint through it.  I feel as if I've never picked up a paintbrush before.  Has that ever happened to you?  Ugh!  It's a bit frustrating but I'll get through it.  :)

In the meantime, here's a little sketch of a beautiful historic home here in town.  It's watercolor and ink.

Foster Hill
3" x 3"

Incidentally, I just brought a painting yesterday, to the Academic Artists Association to be juried.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be accepted as it's a very competitive show.  One never knows!  Here's my entry:


Insight Into My Sole
12" x 16"

This piece actually just showed in Monson at their annual art exhibit and it was suggested that I put a mat around it to make it stand out more.   I originally had just framed it in a simple black frame.  Happily, I took their advice, matted it to 16" x 20" and it now seems to have a larger presence.  I should hear later this week if it was accepted or not.  In the meantime I'm going to enjoy this beautiful weather in between painting . . . it seems Spring is finally here (for now anyway).  Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!