Monday, April 28, 2014

Crossing The Line



I'm thinking that this painting has officially crossed the line into "experimental study."  :)  I'm realizing now some of the things that I think I needed to do early on in the painting that just weren't done.  Things that would have helped create more luminosity and more skillfully depict the dramatic shadows.  I'm not sure how the colors are presenting on your monitors, but the blue looks more vibrant here on my computer than in real life.  And in fact, I don't think the contrast is very accurate online. But anyway, I just wanted to touch base and show you where I'm at.  Not sure if this one will be successful in the sense that I would sell it, but I think the fact that I'm failing in some regards is also a type of success . . . it means I'm growing as an artist, right?  :)

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Ce travail est absolument incroyable et magnifique. Je ne sais pas comment dire, mais ce jeu de lumière et d'ombre est étonnant et inouï. J'aime votre souci du détail qui fait de vous une grande artiste.

    Gros bisous ❀ ❁ ❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎ ❁ ❀

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!