Saturday, March 10, 2012

NEWS!

"Bittersweet Door"
9" x 11"
$375

I recently received word that "Bittersweet Door" was juried into the New England Watercolor Society's (NEWS) 13th Biennial Open Show.  This year's show is being held at the Attleboro Arts Museum in Attleboro, MA, April 19th - May 12th.  If you are in the area, check it out . . . it's always a really terrific show.

As for my absence this past week . . . I spent most of the week getting our taxes ready for the accountant, re-organizing my business records and working on my resume and artist statement. What probably should have taken me 1/2 the time, actually doubled as I am a neurotic, obsessive compulsive nerd! Can I even say how much I love Staples? I have always had a love affair with office supplies and forms. So while the work was tedious, I must admit I loved making all new forms, streamlining my records while spread-sheeting, hole-punching, and three-ring binding everything to my heart's content! How sick is that? I did take a time-out on Wednesday though, to attend a demonstration at the Concord Art Association. SO INSPIRING!  However, I will have to blog about it tomorrow as I just got back from a birthday luncheon for my "little" brother who just turned 40 and now am only in the mood to lie on the couch and veg after eating the world's largest hamburger. However for your enjoyment here's a little video from this afternoon's party.  



Ok, so maybe I lied.  But this clip from Arrested Development just kills me!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulation Kara, Happy painting. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger . . . and thank you for your email. I'll get back to you one of these days! Glad you are doing well. :)

      Delete
  2. Si vous n'étiez pas si loin je serais venue vous rendre une petite visite... Je vous souhaite plein de bonnes choses.
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's so sweet! Yes, that big pond tends to get in the way.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, all the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Kara!!! I wanted to enter the New England Biannual last year but found out it's not held on odd years, and thought I'd enter this year -- of course I forgot all about the deadline when the show season is here again! Damn it! It's a beautiful show and a well-deserved venue for your beautiful piece! Congratulations again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arena. It is a nice show . . . but I know what you mean with all the Spring deadlines . . . it gets very confusing.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting!