Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Little Yellow House

"Little Yellow House"
3" x 3"
watercolor on paper

Click here to bid.


I've been doing some little sketches and experimenting with architecture/landscapes.  I'm a very literal painter (it's all I can do not to paint every brick and leaf - gaaah!) and so I've been trying to do more editing while becoming a little more artistic (hopefully) in my choices.  (I've been greatly inspired by the amazing work of Joyce Hicks - she has a new book and it's fabulous!) 

Specifically for me, I've been working on value and color.  If you scroll down a little further you'll see my sketches and reference photo for this painting.  I'm still not wild and crazy, but hopefully you'll like what I've done.

Thanks for taking a peek.


what this painting could look like framed

reference photo

sketches - and final painting



1 comment:

  1. Bonsoir chère amie,

    Je suis toujours éblouie par votre excellent travail.
    ❀ Gros bisous ❀

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!