Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Redware Tea

"Redware Tea"
6" x 5.8"


(what this painting could look like framed)

Click here to bid


Thank you to all who commented on my last "negative" post.  :)  You made me feel much better. So enough of my whining . . . here's the latest painting.  Isn't it funny how some paintings just come together while others take forever?  I still have a few hanging around that I need to finish, but I started and competed this one over the weekend while jumping to and from the others.  I'm looking forward to a productive blog week.  (Yikes -- I hope I didn't just jinx myself!)  :)

8 comments:

  1. Hai Kara:) Very nice painting! The spoon is so shiny, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so beautiful Kara. The way you've captured that glaze is fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Une très belle aquarelle... J'aime la lumière qui arrive sur le côté et met en valeur cette tasse de thé (qui est la bienvenue pour moi en ce moment!)... le travail de la cuillère est fabuleux.
    Il est vrai qu'on ne sait comment expliquer le pourquoi que certaines peintures arrivent spontanément plus rapidement que d'autres... un des autres mystères de l'art et de notre personnalité certainement !...
    Gros bisous à vous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments! I'm glad you like this one. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Kara... ich mag Dein Bild sehr. Du kannst sehr gut das Lich einfangen.
    Grüsse Dich
    janina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you achieved the vivid likeliness of ceramic glaze! The color scheme also worked really well. I'm interested in how you achieved the background muted greens? Also, for the darker shapes on the earthenware, which gradually fade into lighter colors, did you draw the dark shapes and gradually faded them out by adding water to your colors, or did you pre-wet certain areas and painted the dark colors into them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!