Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Day Late . . .

"Old Fashioned" -- in progress
8" x 8"

Well, it's more like DAYS late.  I had originally started the painting above for the Daily Paintworks Challenge last week -- "Paint Your Breakfast." Unfortunately time just got away from me. It's close to being done, but not quite. Ugh.

As you may remember, I've been working on a commission, so I haven't spent much time on my watercolors.  However, I have managed to get in a little watercolor painting when I need to break away from the commission and let it set for later re-evaluation. You know how it goes. Anyway, hopefully I can finish this one up soon.

Below is another painting I've just begun.  Hopefully I can get it done for some of the Spring juried shows that are coming up. We'll see.


OH wait! . . . that's not the painting . . . it's an image of what happens when I try to snap a picture of a work in progress and the dogs are in. That's Teddy. He likes to poke up right in front of my camera and lick my face when I'm low to the ground. He looks cross-eyed when he's so close. He makes me laugh . . . what a goof!  :)  The next photo is the actual painting in progress.  It's a larger one for me:  15" x 19".



Ooh . . . this looks a little crooked.  I think it's from the rounded lens.  I try to fix that in photoshop, guess I didn't do such a good job.  Ok . . . so back to the drawing board . . . hopefully I can finish SOMETHING in the next few days!  

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Love the expression on Teddy's face! Your chair WIP looks like it will be fabulous. And I love your "Old Fashioned". Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like Teddy, Virginia. He's a very funny dog. Thank you for your kind comments. :)

      Delete
  2. The painting is beautiful. I love how you did the oatmeal can -- great texture! Did you lift the seeds on the strawberry?

    I like the shadows too -- very subtly colorful. You are not too late yet for the challenge -- I am still working on mine... =___=b......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!