Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fisher Price

Growing up, my favorite toys to play with, were the Fisher Price Little People.  We had the barn, the village, the house, the airport, the camper . . . you name it, we had it.  Unfortunately we outgrew our Little People and our dad gave them away to a local preschool . . . (years of therapy and the scars are just starting to fade -- ha!)  

Seriously, they just don't make the Little People the way they did back in the 1970's (and oh how I wish they would!)  But thank goodness for eBay!  So a few years ago I bid on the Fisher Price house and bought it.  So now what?  (Admittedly, this was not the most well-thought out purchase I ever made.)  After a few years of walking by the little house during every trip to the basement, painting became the solution.  Here's the first of what I hope to become a little series.  I call this one, "A Family Portrait."  I hope it evokes for you, the familiarity and comfort of home with warm feelings of youth and of course, a touch of humor.  Aaah, the good ol' days!

"A Family Portrait"
6.5" x 6.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!