Friday, November 9, 2012

Time Flies

"Bathed In Sunlight" - wip
12" x 12"

I can't believe I haven't blogged since Tuesday -- Yikes!  I stayed up waaaay too late to watch the election and thus was utterly useless all day Wednesday.  I really do need my 8 hours.  But I did manage to get a new painting started and I kind of finished "Just A Trim." I say "kind of," because I think I may have jumped the gun adding the black outlines on the wall decals before my under-values were all set.  (Gaaahhh . . . WHY do I do that?!)  And so now I'm a little worried that it's a bit muddy.  BUT on the flip side, I started thinking that I've learned a valuable lesson, better understand the values now and could really make a better painting if I started over.  Yes.  I actually thought that.  So that's what I did.  I'll post soon.

In other news . . . I've also been itching to try this little composition.  I say "little" but it's actually quite a bit larger than what I've been painting lately and it's on paper -- my favorite Fabriano soft-pressed.  I was so "jazzed" about it . . . (yes, you read that correctly, I actually used the word "jazzed."  I think I did that once before here.  It's so lame.  Forgive me.) . . . that I woke up at 3:55 this morning (early enough to have met the nun from my church at the gym, whom I've ridiculed for getting up so early  --  I'll have to tell her she made it into my blog -- oh and it's probably not a good thing to ridicule a nun.  I digress.) . . . all excited to paint!  Isn't that grand?!  Or insane.  Since I took the photo above, I've done a little more work on the foliage but you'll have to wait to see the next step.  Heh-heh!  :)

So that's the news here.  It's about 9:30pm now and I didn't even nap today!  My poor Teddy-dog was so excited this morning at 4:00am when he was served his "early, early-bird breakfast special" but then turned completely pathetic when his belly was full and it was only 4:02.  He was too pooped to pop and could barely keep his eyes open to climb back onto his bed and take his morning nap.  I'm kind of feeling like him right now.  :)  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!