Tuesday, November 27, 2012

New Workshop, New Painting, New Prints and a Shameless Plug

Good grief!  How'd ya' like this post's title?  I would LOVE to share with you the painting I'm finishing but alas I can't.  It's a gift and I'm not sure if the recipient reads my posts. So to be on the safe side, I'm just going to have to wait until after Christmas. But believe me it's all I can do to contain myself . . . in fact I'm having a heck of a time keeping the secret. This is why I can never shop early: I get so excited I want to give out all my presents early.
Oh . . . and so I'm sure you're wondering why I have posted a picture of "Steam Heat." I've decided that this is going to be the subject of my next Watercolor Workshop. You can read about the specifics of this 5-week course under "workshops" located on the navigation bar above. Students can choose their own "wallpaper" and color -- so at least they will have some choice while we all tackle basically the same project.  I think it should be fun and am really looking forward to it.

At the end of January I'm also presenting a workshop at the Concord Art Association on online marketing and social media -- sharing all I know about blogging and Facebook, DPW, printed marketing materials, how to make a website, and anything else that could help artists sell their work. I'm still learning myself, as it's a very long and never-ending process, but I'm looking forward to passing along to other artists, whatever I can, including great resources I've found. I'm finding the journey into becoming a "self-employed" artist VERY challenging, but extremely exciting and rewarding. And I just love and appreciate all the online support from other artists and art-lovers (you all!) and want to share what a positive online experience I've had with others. You can read about my upcoming workshops and other shows under "news and events" on the navigation bar above.

Hmmm . . . what else . . . oh yeah, the "shameless plug" part.  I just want to remind you that I have calendars and notecards for sale -- they can make great teacher gifts and/or stocking stuffers. And I also have a few prints. So check out the nav bar above for links to these items. In fact below are four new small prints. They are $10 each (plus tax and shipping where applicable). I'll be putting them up with their specs and links for purchasing later today or tomorrow -- so keep checking back. You can always email me if you'd like to make an order.

"Fireside Chat"

"Best Friends"

"What Not To Wear"


"Nostalgia I -- First Day of School"



Sorry for the long post -- just lots to catch up on!  Thanks for visiting!




2 comments:

  1. You were making me laugh with the gift part...
    sounds like you have been busy.
    I love your green wallpaper. When does your line come out?
    Have a nice rest to your Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cynthia. Oh -- wouldn't designing wallpaper be fun?! I think of you every time I look at my (unfinished -- shameful!) oranges painting. It's so close to being done. What the heck is wrong with me!? I do that -- start and stop and start new ones and stop . . . ugh. I'm so unfocused. But it's on my radar. I'll let you know as soon as it's done. Hope you're well. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting!