Thursday, October 11, 2012

Getting Ready


I've been busy preparing for my "Open Studio" during the Backroads Studio Tour this weekend, so I've been a little neglectful with regards to this blog.  Over the weekend I found myself painting walls and re-designing my studio for the new workshop I'm giving.  (There's nothing like a deadline to get you motivated!)  The 5-week class began Monday night and was terrific! I have four great students, all of whom are eager to learn.  And because I was able to rid myself of the couch over the weekend (gotta love Craig's List!) there's a ton more room for everyone to have ample space.  (Although the dogs are beside themselves because their "napping bed" is now missing.)  Anyway . . . I'll be sure to take pictures this weekend so you can see what I've done.

So I'm going to get back to work preparing prints and attending to last minute details.  If you are in the area and are looking for something to do, come on out.  It looks like it's going to be a great weekend weather-wise and there are lots of Fall things to do in addition to visiting artist studios -- antique and gift shops, great places to eat, orchards to visit and lots of places to get pumpkins!  You can visit www.backroadsstudiotour.com  or click on the image above, for a map and more information.  We hope to see you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kara! I know you must be busy preparing for the tour -- I'm doing the same thing here for last and this weekend's art fairs, plus the gallery jurying this Sunday -- lots and lots of framing and wrapping up framed works!!! I did find the printer I use for giclee prints very good -- they are so cheap comparing to all other giclee printers I found! Since they are on the east coast also your shipping will be fast and cheaper than mine too. Give them a try if you ever need to sell giclee prints -- search "the giclee factory" in google and you will find them! You can request proof from them too, if you want to check on colors or other qualities before committing. I am waiting to see the photos of the studio tour and your Monday classes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!