Saturday, December 17, 2011

Thank You Pratique Des Arts





I spent a wonderful day in Concord yesterday, with my sister-in-law Hallie, only to have the excitement continue when I reached home to see that I had received in the mail the issue of the latest Pratique Des Arts, the beautiful French watercolor magazine.  As you can see above, they published 3 of my paintings in their International Portfolio feature.  I am very grateful for the inclusion.  This issue features many amazing artists whose paintings I've long admired and I am extremely humbled to have work among theirs . . . including Carrie Waller's beautiful painting "Nostalgia."  It's been a favorite of mine ever since I saw it on her blog.  Congratulations Carrie -- I was very excited when I turned the page and saw your painting!  :)  

Thanks for letting me share my news . . . have a great weekend.  

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kara. That's super. Did you know in advance? How did this happen? wow, good for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on a well deserved honor

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous news for you....I am sure it made your day...they are beautiful paintings they published.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Roger, Julie and Cynthia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara it's so awesome!!!! I feel like were bonded now, magazine buddies:))))) How exciting and your paintings looked fabulous!!!! It is such a beautiful magazine:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I always knew that you'd be famous one day and you're on your way! Great work! You have every right to feel proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Carrie . . . so does your painting. That one inspired my little painting, "Ma's Chair." And thank you "Anonymous" even though you aren't very anonymous to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kara, your work is so beautiful. Congratulations for this wonderful recognition!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!