Saturday, April 30, 2011

More Tomatoes

I did a little more with my tomato study and began the big painting.  The study served to work out some color concerns and little technique issues on which I took notes so I could begin the big painting.  The large painting is 24" x 24" and I've posted what is a VERY early stage.  As you can see, it doesn't even contain all the washes yet.  But it's fun to chronicle the work in this way -- hopefully it will inspire other artists exploring watercolor:  the paintings don't always start out visually making a lot of sense at first.  It truly is a journey. That's something I try to point out to my students. 


"Big Tomatoes!" (what I'm calling it for now)
24" x 24"

This painting is on illustration board, so we'll see how it all comes together.  It's a lot of pressure for me to even post the beginning of a painting - because it's always a craps-shoot.  Who knows if I'll mess it all up (that's confidence, eh!?)  :)  But I guess it's to illustrate (mainly to myself, but others too) that it's all a process and sometimes we hit but sometimes we miss . . . and so what.  We should get pleasure creating the misses too.

It's like that saying  "A bad day at golf is still better than a good day at the office."  You get the drift . . . anyway. . . Happy Painting!


Tomato Study
6" x 6"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!