Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thank You!



A BIG "Thank You" to the Concord Art Association -- Lili, Michele and Nan --  and all those who attended my demonstration today. I had a really great time and met so many nice people!  Even a fellow-blogger!!  How cool is that? Another great day. I'm very appreciative -- thanks so much. (And thank you Cheryl for the photos and support and thank you to Mary for your support as well) -- a couple of friends who accompanied me today and helped schlep all my stuff!

I've started a couple paintings that I'll be posting tomorrow.  It's about time, eh?!  :)  In the meantime -- Happy Painting!

4 comments:

  1. I think you being a teacher rocked that. I would never be able to do a demo, I would not be able to paint a straight line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I know what you mean. I wasn't sure how I'd do with the "live" demo part . . . even when I'd demonstrate for the kids, it could sometimes turn into a joke -- could I do it or not? But sometimes the best times were when we'd end up laughing because I totally tanked. At least they'd feel safe trying something new. So the other day, just to kind of break the ice I said, "after watching me make a mess you're going to leave here saying 'I don't think that poor girl painted any of those paintings she brought for display. She's delusional . . . did you see her? She can't paint for anything!'" :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great way to spend the day....I know the viewers enjoyed it:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!