Friday, February 17, 2017

Cardinal On Paper

work-in-progress
watercolor on paper

Happy Friday!

Yesterday, my Thursday morning students (I affectionately refer to them as "my Ladies") asked if we could do a project all together.  Most days everyone just works on their own paintings.  So we decided on a cardinal.  One of "my Ladies" was already working from a lovely photograph that she had taken and everyone was so impressed by her progress that they asked if they could all try.  So I started this little practice - left unfinished - so I could demonstrate more finish work as we moved along after the initial washes.  

Stay tuned for our progress . . . and have a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful. I have painted cardinals--love that red--and this is just stunning: wish, once again, I could be in your class.
    I love the background and the branch especially, the way it turns and the clumps of snow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!