Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Lists, Lists, and more Lists - Cleaning Up.



Lesle Saeta is cleaning up and reorganizing the physical space in her studio and has invited other artists to join her, re-organizing their studios.  For me, my physical space is working well these days, however I've been wicked dragging my feet on a big "clean-up" task that's needed attention for a long time now:  my mailing lists.

A few months ago my intern started consolidating information.  She did a great job in-putting information from lots of scraps of paper, onto a new spreadsheet.  The only thing left was for me to cross-reference a few other big lists I had which I finally did on Monday.  

Even after all Abbie's hard work, the cross-referencing took me all day.  It will be so nice to have one place where all my contacts are and where I can record new ones.  It was getting mighty confusing! My plan now is to finally get a new newsletter out and get back on track with some of my 2016 marketing plans.  There is always so much to do, but I really do find it invigorating.

In addition to mailing list troubles, I had some earlier systems of recording artwork and collectors which worked at the time but as time has gone by if I need to refer back for information it's way too difficult.  I think I now have a system in place that fixes all that and so my next "clean-up" will be to start back-recording old sales information into my new system.  I'm lucky that in addition to painting, I do love to organize!  

If you have some tips and methods that help you out, please share them in the comments.  I'd love to hear what helps you stay organized.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!