Friday, July 19, 2013

Kitchen Window Daisies

"Kitchen Window Daisies"
8.5" x 5.5"
watercolor on hot-pressed paper


I love fresh flowers. And I particularly enjoy daisies.  Meg Ryan, in one of my favorite movies ("You've Got Mail"), once described daisies as "the friendliest flower."  I must agree.  Anyway . . .  I plucked these little gems from my garden last week and put them on my kitchen window sill. I hope you enjoy them.

In case you're interested, I put a few progress shots below.

Have a lovely day!










1 comment:

  1. Oh so pretty - love those subtle shadows in the whites of the daisies. They look like Shasta daisies, yes? Sometimes those don't smell so nice but they make up for it with their smiley faces. Another beauty, Kara!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!