Monday, July 1, 2013

Goals for the Week





I meant to post this much earlier today, but things just got in the way.  My goal this week is to try and finish 3 small paintings this week -- the strawberry one that's almost done . . . this new tomato one (measures about 4.5" x 6") . . . and another one with some more berries and cherries.  We'll see how I do.  I'd like to squeeze in some more time on my Nantucket basket too -- oh boy.  

In other news . . . I had a great first class tonight for my "On The Vine" workshop.  Unfortunately one of my students wasn't able to join us due to an emergency -- hopefully though, everything worked out and all is well now.  She and her family are lovely people.  

Thanks for dropping by . . . 

6 comments:

  1. Great colors! may i ask why did you paint the shadows first? Do you paint darks first? In any event, I love your shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liana. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. Hmmm . . . I don't really know why I painted the shadows first. I think I mainly like to work background to foreground. Also, lately, I've been trying to develop my darks early on, so that I can have a "compass" so to speak with regards to establishing my range of values for the painting. Values are difficult for me.

      Delete
  2. Love the glow in the cherries, Kara...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to get out my watercolors -- you make it look so easy! Great sense of light in your work..beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laurie! :) These were fun to do.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting!