Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Juggling


Nantucket Basket - wip 1
(approx. 13" x 19")
Nantucket Basket - wip 2

In between washes of this new painting, (which I'm thoroughly enjoying) I took out my gentleman farmer to work on: trying to adjust values using a black and white image of my painting. I find myself constantly struggling with values anyway - but throw in yellows and bright oranges and I'm completely lost! I think they're so difficult because they register gray. Ugh. 

I also continued working on some details. I feel like I'm going at a snail's pace with this guy . . . in fact he's already hayed his fields twice since I started this painting! Almost done though.  

Have a great day!
  
 



1 comment:

  1. What a fun painting the little farmer is! They are both coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!