Saturday, June 11, 2011

Rut . . . and a blast from the past

Well, I seem to be in a painting rut.  I did a little bit more on Tomatoes but not enough to post.  I'll just wait to upload it when it's done.  I've been doing a lot of work outside in the yard, that needed to be done:  lots of weeds to pull and gardens to plant and decks to stain.  By the time I'd finish with my chores, I was just too beat to paint.  I can feel I'm getting inspired again . . . have a few paintings in my mind . . . so hopefully next week I will be able to buckle down and get my painting groove on again.  In the meantime, here are a couple of old paintings that I thought I'd post.  They are on my website, but in case you haven't ever meandered over there, here they are.  Also I've thrown in a photo of the little oasis I made outside my studio door.  The tinkling of the water will be delightful to paint to!


My studio door is to the left outside of the frame.


"American Pride"
10" x 11"


"Egg On A Plate" (what an original title!)
23" x 23"


"Peace" of Americana
8" x 10"

3 comments:

  1. wow, wonderful blasts from the past....I especially love the egg piece....have fun in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara such wonderful work.I simply loved the egg on plate and American pride.Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the egg, great skill (if I tilt my head a little I see an eye, perhaps an Egyptian eye).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!