Monday, February 19, 2018

Work-In-Progress

work-in-progress
12" x 12"
(watercolor on clayboard)

I was recently reminded how important critique is. A dear friend and fellow artist came for a visit and as usual we got around to talking "art." We were in my studio and I was voicing my plans for future paintings and what I hope to accomplish and achieve with regards to my artistic growth. It was so enlightening to hear an objective perspective and she helped me clarify what things I need to work on to strengthen my work going forward, putting words to my feelings; giving me a concrete path to follow.

We spoke in generalities and then specifically about this painting, which has been vexing me for a few days now. I'm looking forward to applying the direction I received and excited to execute what we talked about and finally finish this painting!

I was reminded that my paintings aren't the only "works-in-progress" in the studio. 

detail


Have a great start to your week!


2 comments:

  1. Bonjour,

    Je suis toujours très intéressée de visualiser votre travail en cours... Chacun travaille tellement différemment !
    Merci pour le partage.
    Une oeuvre très prometteuse !

    Bisous 🌸

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!