Monday, November 6, 2017

Yellow House & Alphabet Soup

work in progress
12" x 12"
(watercolor on aquabord)

I began this painting a long time ago. It's one of my first attempts on aquabord.  And boy did I HATE it - the painting AND the aquabord!  I didn't throw out the painting but I stopped painting on aquabord for a long time before trying it again. (and well you know how that story ends) . . .  

Anyway, the other day as I was scrounging around I once again became reunited with this little yellow house.  I found it in my "where-paintings-go-to-die drawer" to be exact, and thought I'd try to breathe some new life into it. After performing a little CPR and giving it some TLC I'm happy to report that it's on the mend. Having learned over the years that aquabord requires lots of patience and layers and layers, I'm hopeful that after a couple of days in ICU it will head for some PT and then a forever home!  :)

Hope you are having a creative day. Thanks for stopping by.




1 comment:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Comme chez certains enfants, cette peinture avait besoin de plus d'attention que d'autres... Ce qui ne fait pas d'elle une erreur. Elle a mûri tranquillement et je suis certaine que vous allez beaucoup l'aimer.

    Gros bisous 🌸

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!