Thursday, November 23, 2017

Mill No. 1 - A Throwback Thursday Production

"Mill No."
6" x 6"
(watercolor on 7/8" cradled aquabord)
Click here to bid.

Every so often I find myself longing for sepia tones. This little painting is of a mill in a nearby town. I just love the way light plays on the geometric structures of factory architecture. And New England mills are just a delightful subject in general don't you think?

I painted this last year as the beginning of a series of 6 sepia mill paintings.  Admittedly I'm still haven't moved on to No. 2 yet.  Doh!  Oh me and my "big" ideas. I have problems. Maybe 2018 will be the year to see this series through, eh?

"hashtag: startingthingsandnotfinishingthem"   :)

And in the spirit of the season . . . let's open an auction on this baby and start the bidding at the bargain-basement price of $85 -- Holy Smokes!  I need to make room for some 2018 paintings.

Happy Thanksgiving.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!