Thursday, October 19, 2017

A New Little Painting

"Cape Cod Pumpkins"
11" x 6.75"
(framed watercolor on aquabord)
$250
Click here to purchase.

Last week I had the good fortune of presenting a demonstration at the Agawam Public Library to the Agawam Artists. It was a most delightful evening spent with some very lovely people. In preparation for my demo, I started digging around my pile of small, incomplete paintings and came up with this little ditty. The scene is from a charming little house on Cape Cod during the month of October. What a joyful time to be tooling around the Cape - with the crisp, cool air, clear sunlight and very little traffic!  Huzzah!




Using a painting I had already begun, I was easily able to show how I lift pigment out and spray water back over existing patches of color. Many thanks to the artists of Agawam, MA!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!