Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Crazy Surprises!


So the craziest thing happened to me last night.  I was with my husband and we were sitting at the kitchen table.  I saw that my "The Art of Watercolour" magazine had come in the mail so I started to flip through it and mentioned how I would love to try to get into this magazine.  No sooner had I said that, I turned a couple more pages and saw this:


Imagine my surprise! I was dumbfounded! I had forgotten that a few months ago on a whim, I entered this painting into a contest hosted by the magazine.  I don't enter many contests and I've had so much going on lately that I never thought about it again after I hit "send."  

"Canal House Copper"
14" x 11"
(watercolor on aquabord)

I am grateful and humbled to have had this painting chosen. "The Art of Watercolour" is a beautiful and inspiring magazine full of incredibly talented artists and full color reproductions of their stunning work. My little story is an example that anything is possible as long as you throw your hat in the ring.  :)

Have a great day!


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kara! Your paintings are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! A well deserved honor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour chère amie,

    C'est un plaisir que d'apprendre cette bonne nouvelle ! Je vous félicite mais c'est bien mérité.

    Gros bisous 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful surprise, congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! So strange that you weren't notified you were in the magazine. I am slow getting around to reading magazines I probably wouldn't have found out for MONTHS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you and that you did throw your hat out there! Your work is outstanding and deserves recognition! Congrats Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an honor to be presented in this magazine. Congrats! One of my favorite watercolor mags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful painting - congratulations, Kara! It doesn't surprise me at all. Your work is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful naturalistic paintings!
    My name is Rafal Bigda and live in Poland and wondereing, if we are relatives in any way. I am also kind of an artist, but in photography (http://fotozabrze.blogspot.com/), so - who knows? ;)
    Best regards from Poland

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!