Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Christmas Paintings


"Deerfield Christmas"
14" x 11"
(watercolor on aquabord)

Bricks, bricks and more bricks!  I can't tell you how long these took . . . it was crazy-making.  I don't know why I labor so long, but I do. For a while, the pushing around of pigment is fun . . . almost meditative . . . but then it becomes so tedious and boring I can barely force myself to finish. 



"A Jolly Old Elf"
12" x 12"
(watercolor on aquabord)

Santa came together pretty quickly, but as I got closer to finishing, I did lots of work on details and bringing out the pigments of his skin.

I'm planning on having cards made up of both of these prints for Christmas cards.  I'll be sure to share those with you when they come in.  :)

Thank you for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!