Monday, June 27, 2016

Internships

Work In Progress
6" x 6"
(watercolor on aquabord)


Last summer I had the good fortune of working with a lovely young lady headed into her senior year of high school.  Her family summers at the lake in the town where I live and because she is very interested in Art and becoming an Art Teacher she contacted me to see if I'd be interested in taking on an intern.  How lucky was I?   

"Crayola Rowboat"
notecard
painting by Elanna  G. Honan

Click here to purchase notecards.

Ellie is a wonderful person, talented artist and is a fantastic worker.  In fact you can visit her new website here where she has her fine art notecards for sale with a portion of the proceeds going to Charity Water, a non-profit organization that has a goal to bring clean drinking water to every person on the planet.  She recently graduated from high school and is headed to college where she will focus her studies on Art.  

Because I had such a wonderful experience with Ellie, I decided to take on another intern.  So this year I've once again been blessed with a super high school student to help me out one afternoon each week.  Because these are non-paying internships, I trade lessons and whatever I can, to compensate my helpers.  My latest intern, after tackling many boring tasks, has started to try her hand at watercolor on aquabord.  So my painting above is the beginning of my demonstration.  I've painted this subject before but on paper and a different size.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish this little ditty up, in between my commissions.  

Have a great week . . . I look forward to sharing with you the first painting in a series of commissions, sometime this week.  Thanks for coming by.






1 comment:

  1. Oh, you are lucky ... and so is she! Love Elena's boat painting, very strong color and design.
    Looking at your paintings always reminds me that I need to seek, or force, stronger light on the objects I paint!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!