Monday, November 11, 2013

Hanging Christmas Holly


"Hanging Christmas Holly"
8" x 5"
watercolor on paper
starting bid:  $65


I'm teaching a 5-week class at Workshop13 in Ware, beginning tomorrow night and while I had described a "country Christmas still life" as the painting we would be tackling, I hadn't yet painted it --  Yeow!  So last week I started the still life below, hoping that we could paint that - but it's way too complicated.  So today (double-YEOW!)  I decided on just this sprig of holly dangling from a nail on one of my interior doors.  It's still quite challenging, but very doable.  

"Redware and Berries" - wip
6" x 6"
watercolor on paper

So for the next few days I'll be trying to finish up "Redware and Berries" and some others.  I need to work on some smaller paintings again and get them up on DPW -- it's been a while.  I guess this is a start.  :)

Thank you for viewing my work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!