Sunday, September 2, 2012

Stonewall - WIP

"Stonewall" - work in progress
6" x 6"
watercolor on aquabord

Here's another small landscape. I recently came across the three reference photos for these last three paintings and decided to give them a whirl using the aquabord. The photos were taken about a year ago during a little picture-taking jaunt with a former colleague of mine, who's also a dear friend and fantastic artist. I'm obviously still working on this one but hopefully will wrap it up tomorrow. But for now I'm off to bed. Thank you for checking in.  :)

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Valeria and Anonymous for your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Kara. :) I love the way you've achieved that peeling paint. Awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crystal. I wasn't sure I was pulling that off.

      Delete
  3. Hello Kara,

    Found your blog through Lori's and have been following for some months. Have just become a follower. I admire your work and your light-hearted posts. The three country houses on aquabord are stunning. Have tried it once and found it is a wonderful surface to work on. Your video clip came out well considering it was hand-held...quite a steady hand at that! Thanks for all you share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! What a crazy video! :) Thank you so much for following and for all these months too. Isn't it amazing how wacky the networking is on the internet? Thank you so much for writing -- I'm excited to know someone else who shares my love for aquabord! :) Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for acknowledging. This series of paintings is just wonderful. I'll be sure to keep following and keeping in touch. And yes, I check the stats and am also totally amazed at how far and wide viewers come to these blog sites.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting!