Saturday, June 2, 2012

Barn Study

"Valley End Farm Study"
4" x 5.5"


This is just a small study of my neighbor's barn.  I'm thinking of doing a larger painting.  I just finished reading Andrew Wyeth's biography and it got me all inspired to paint landscapes.  Can you say "ADD Artist?"  Am I all over the place or what!?  I feel like I should be settling on a genre and practicing only that, but I just can't stay focused long enough.  I guess I must like bouncing around -- it keeps things fun for me. But it makes me feel like I'll never be a "real" artist, know what I mean? Oh well . . .

Here's another watercolor sketch I did yesterday.  I guess no matter what, all this practice is bound to pay off somehow eh?  It can't be hurting.  :)

"By The Brook"
9.5" x 5.5"

1 comment:

  1. Loooove that second watercolor sketch. The colors and textures are gorgeous. It is so relaxing to look at.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!