Friday, September 4, 2015

Catching Up

Value #3 - work in progress
8" x 8"
(watercolor on paper)

I really enjoy working on these sepia toned pencil paintings.  This is the third one in my series as part of Leslie Saeta's "30 Day Painting Challenge."  I've decided these paintings could look very striking framed in white mats with dark brown, wooden frames, so I'll be putting them up for auction.  My plan is to have about 8 to 10 of them, all 8"x 8".  The first one is below with a link to its auction.

Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!  :)


Value #1
8" x 8"
(watercolor on paper)

Click here to bid.



(what this painting could look like when framed)





1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right Kara -- these would look strikingly beautiful framed in white mats and brown wooden frames! I love the level of depth and realism you were able to achieve with a single pigment... The chip on the wood part of the pencil is so real that my jaw dropped! Are you painting from colored or black-and-white reference photos for these? And are they painted on Fabriano Cold Press paper?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!