Thursday, September 11, 2014

We Interrupt This Program . . .

"Azul"
8" x 8"
(watercolor on aquabord)

Well today's painting is not exactly part of my planned "30 Day Challenge" paintings, but I finished it today nonetheless and will post it on Leslie's blog.  That counts right?

This is the commission I've been working on. It's a surprise, so shhhhh . . . (I think it's a safe bet Azul's parents don't read my blog, so that's why I'm posting it even though it's a surprise).  This isn't the best photo of the finished painting as it's dark out and I just couldn't get all the colors to read well nor could I get good clarity -- but I think it's much better in person.  The staining in the background works much better in real life.  I really enjoyed working on this gentle little lady.  I hope her Mum & Dad will be pleased.  :)

Thanks for popping in.

5 comments:

Thank you so much for commenting!