Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Adventures of New Old Painting

work in progress
I'm revisiting a painting I did a couple years ago, but on a much larger scale - this measures about 15" x 25."  I'm trying to play up the drama and get a fresher look to it with some different choices in paint colors.  I'm more experienced now than when I did the first time. 

So this is one of the things I'm working on in the studio.  Back to painting now . . . and to figuring out how to make that lemon look less like an orange.  :)

Have a good day.

work in progress - detail



3 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Je suis impatiente de voir comment vous aller faire évoluer cette belle aquarelle, déjà si fraîche et délicate... J'aime votre perfectionnisme.
    Je vous fais de gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara - this looks beautiful...those cups and saucers are always so difficult for me. You have really nailed them well. Love the composition and colors too. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like this composition...can't wait to see how you do a larger one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!