Friday, December 13, 2013

Blueberries and a new "mini" picture

"Blueberry Bowl"
9" x 12"

I finished this painting a while ago, but it's been sitting around my studio.  I decided it's finally done.  :)  So I just put it up for auction at DPW . . .  $85 is the starting bid.

In "miniature news"  -- I bought this AMAZING living room set from Kris Compas at 1 inch minis.  She is a master craftswoman! I mean look at that piping? Her seams are absolutely invisible.

I also worked on this mantle last weekend:  it's made from matboard, wood/moulding scraps and sandpaper (for the bricks).  It's not entirely done obviously, (needs a hearth and other details) but I've included a picture of what my intention is for the living room.  There will be white paneling below the chair rail and the wallpaper will go on top.







Meanwhile back to painting info -- I have taken some new photos and am busy planning out my next paintings and finishing some wips -- while working on a Christmas commission and planning my next workshops.  So I will post when I can. I must admit, I seem to have gotten a little burnt out doing that 30 day challenge in September and it's been a struggle to get all focused again. The "mini-ing" has helped me stay creative and refreshed.  While I'm still painting close to every day, (and only "mini-ing" in my spare time) I'm just not finding I have too much in the way of painting, to post. In addition, the holidays and other responsibilities have prohibited me from being as diligent. But I'm ok with that.  I'm just trying to pick away at everything -- and wanted to thank you all for your patience.  :) I hope you are enjoying this holiday season -- it's going by sooo fast!  Thank you for viewing my work.


3 comments:

  1. I want to pop one of those berries into my mouth. And you have got some gorgeous new furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read too quickly, the furniture is for the lovely little house you are making for the mantle. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful still life, it has a serene feel to it. Incredible work on the mantle and I love the miniature furniture. A fun hobby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!